Vacation is supposed to be a time to relax, unwind, and just take it easy. Make sure your home is safe and secure. Many people look forward to the Summer months because it’s a very popular time to get away and spend time with friends and family. Whether you are going on a week-long vacation or just a weekend getaway, make sure your home and your belongings are safe and protected. Allow Central Jersey Security Camera’s to help with the installation of an alarm system and/or security cameras.
- Homes that don’t have security systems are three times more likely to be robbed. When burglars are examining a home they typically check to see if the home has security cameras. If there is a visible security camera that the burglar notices, 9 out of 10 times they will move on to a different home. It is a known statistic that a home gets broken into every 15 seconds. Only 14% of homes in the country have security systems installed. Let us help keep you from becoming a statistic by keeping your home safe and secure.
- Suburban homes are 50% more likely to be robbed. Suburban homes are typically located in lower traffic areas and a thief will usually have better access to all sides of the home. Thieves can easily identify where they will break in because they have access to the entire outside perimeter of the home.
- Daytime hours are the most popular times for a burglary to occur (between 10am-3pm). Most people assume a robber will break in during the night while everyone is asleep. 65% of residential burglaries happen during the day when most people are at work and the kids are at school.
- 1/3rd of all break ins occur through unlawful entry. 33% of home invasions happen by the burglar walking straight into the home through an unlocked door or climbing through an open window.
Below are a few simple tips that can lower your chances of becoming a victim of a robbery:
- Refrain from posting any valuable belongings on social media. When you post pictures of that new laptop you just bought or that new flat screen T.V you are showing everyone out there the new expensive items that are sitting in your home. Also, refrain from posting about your vacation until after you get back if no one is going to be watching your home while you’re away. If a robber knows that no one will be at your home for multiple days, it will make you a very easy target for them. Although your social media pages may be private, every person on your friends’ lists can view your posts and they can pass along the information to anybody.
- Make sure that no one can view any expensive items in your home from the street or sidewalk. Move any TV’s, expensive sound systems, computers, etc. out of clear view especially if your going to be away for X amount of days. Also, don’t throw away any boxes for expensive items in the outside trash cans. If a burglar sees a box for a brand new 60-inch flat screen TV now they know what is in your home and this would make your home a target.
- Be wary on who you open your door to. Thieves will sometimes knock on your door before planning a break in to get a better view of what valuables may be inside your home. Keep track on those who do knock on your door whom you don’t know.
- Get a home security system and keep them up to date! Getting a security system installed is a great idea to ensure your home is safe and protected but they aren’t as useful if they don’t work properly. Choosing home security is a big investment and when making this investment you need to think about the choice you make when choosing the company to install your home security systems. Be sure that the company you choose is BBB accredited. Read the company reviews and make sure the Central Station Monitoring you choose is UL listed. Also, check with your homeowner’s insurance. Many companies offer a discount to homeowners with UL listed alarms, some companies now offer a discount on installing security cameras to your home as well. Check with your provider to see what discounts they might offer.
What is the best option for my home?
Our team of well-trained technicians will help you feel confident that you are choosing the proper security equipment and placement to fit your home’s needs. Keep your family and belongings safe and secure while you’re away. We have two different types of cameras, one being dome shaped, the other being a bullet shaped. The main difference between the two is their appearance although we recommend bullet shaped cameras for outside. Some bullet cameras have double EXIR infrareds built into them causing their night vision to extend an additional 40-50 feet. You will be able to receive notifications or text messages of real time video from your security equipment. View what is taking place at your home when it happens through a live feed from your smartphone, tablet, or other portable devices. Use our event schedule to locate exactly when an event occurred that you may want to view. For example, if an even were to occur at your home within a 24-hour period but you aren’t sure of when it happened, you can use our event schedule which appears as a color-coded event list that allows you to jump ahead to all motion triggered events. If your cameras are set to record all the time it can shorten the space on your hard drive, even if there are no motion triggers. With the event schedule you can save space and lengthen the time on your DVR/NVR. Another useful tool to your cameras is line crossing detection. Take comfort in knowing your home is safe and secure even while you’re on vacation.
WHAT IS LINE CROSSING DETECTION?
Line crossing detection, also known as line intrusion, is a function of your NVR, DVR, or IP camera. It instantly detects any motion in a set area. This set area is personally set by you for your alert needs. You will get immediate alerts to your smart device from your camera. For example, say you want to get notified when someone pulls through your driveway or walks up to your front door. You would go into the software of your camera and start drawing specific lines across your driveway or walkway up to your house. This line is only a visual perimeter, so it is not visible to the human eye in person. If the line that you personally set becomes breached, you will get a notification through the app or to your email depending on which option you choose. You can set line crossing detection to work on schedules and during certain hours of the day. This is great if you are planning on going away because you can set it for every day you’re away and get notified if someone enters your property.
There are also sensitivity settings for line crossing detection. You may not want to be notified if a cat or other small animal enters your set area, therefore you would just adjust the scale to only be notified for larger objects. Get the protection your home needs by having a security system that notifies you when someone is at your home who isn’t supposed to be there. With footage from your security cameras, you now have proof of exactly what is happening when you aren’t there. Most home alarms are linked to central station monitoring for a small monthly fee that alerts the proper authorities once it’s set off. If you are planning on having someone stop by your home while you’re away, you can disarm it right from your smartphone and arm it again once they leave. Take it easy on your vacation by knowing Central Jersey Security Camera’s has your home safe and secure.
Listed below are some of the alarm systems we offer:
Security Alarm System Keypads
Keypads are an important part of your security system. They allow you to arm the system with a secured code. They can be placed wherever you need them most and are easy to use. Keypads feature emergency buttons that allow you to call for help immediately. If you are planning on having somebody watch your house or someone is staying home while you’re away, let them have peace of mind knowing that help is just the press of a button away. In the case of a power outage the buttons are lit still allowing you to view our keypad.
Door and Window Sensor
According to the NBFAA, 56% of burglars enter through a door, another 23% through the first-floor window. Door and window sensors are placed in these areas of vulnerability. When the contact is broken, the alarm is triggered.
Motion detectors are triggered when someone walks in view of the detector. If intruders enter your home through a door or window that is not protected by a sensor, the motion detector will act as a trap ensuring they don’t stay at your home for long. Motion detectors can be turned off when you are home while your windows and doors can still remain secured. Also, Keep you peace of mind by keeping your home safe and secure.
Panic sensors are designed to go just about anywhere. This sensor allows you to activate a 24-hour emergency alarm. Call for help with just a push of a button.
An alarm siren provides peace of mind for you and acts as a deterrent for would-be intruders. Also, it will make sure that your home is safe and secure. When the alarm sounds an intruder will most likely leave your property as soon as possible.
Don’t spend your vacation being stressed and nervous about what could be taking place at your home. Make sure your home is safe and secure. Take it easy and enjoy yourself to the fullest while you’re away. Let Central Jersey Security Camera’s help make that happen. You will be able to have peace of mind. By knowing exactly what is taking place in your home right from the palm of your hand. Central Jersey Security Camera’s is BBB accredited. Live your life to the fullest this vacation season, while still ensuring your home and your valuables are safe and secure. Not only does Central Jersey Security Cameras have a help tab on our website that has step by step videos for you to follow along with, we also offer technical support as well. Our technicians are in the office daily to answer any questions you may have about your security system. For more information visit our website or call us today at 732-333-0227.